其中收錄的Stressed Out歌詞討論了青春期嚴酷地落幕後,轉變成人的過程。
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
[Verse 1]
I wish I found
some better sounds no one's ever heard
I wish I had a
better voice that sang some better words
I wish I found
some chords in an order that is new
I wish I didn't
have to rhyme1 every time I sang
I was told when I
get older, all my fears would shrink2
But now I'm insecure3
and I care what people think
[Pre-Chorus]
My name's
BLURRYFΛCE and I care what you think
My name's
BLURRYFΛCE and I care what you think
[Chorus]
Wish we could turn
back time to the good old days
When our momma
sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
Wish we could turn
back time to the good old days
When our momma
sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
We're stressed out
[Verse 2]
Sometimes a
certain smell will take me back to when I was young
How come I'm never
able to identify where it's coming from?
I'd make a candle
out of it, if I ever found it
Try to sell it,
never sell out of it, I'd probably only sell one
It'd be to my
brother, cause we have the same nose, same clothes, home grown4,
the stone's throw from a creek5 we used to roam6
But it would
remind us of when nothing really mattered
Out of7 student loans8 and tree house
homes, we all would take the latter9
[Pre-Chorus]
My name's
BLURRYFΛCE and I care what you think
My name's
BLURRYFΛCE and I care what you think
[Chorus]
Wish we could turn
back time to the good old days
When our momma
sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
Wish we could turn
back time to the good old days
When our momma
sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
[Bridge]
Used to play
pretend, give each other different names, we would build a rocket ship and then
we'd fly it far away
Used to dream of
outer space, but now they're laughing at our face singing "wake up, you
need to make money", yeah
Used to play
pretend, give each other different names, we would build a rocket ship and then
we'd fly it far away
Used to dream of
outer space, but now they're laughing at our face singing "wake up, you
need to make money", yeah
[Chorus]
Wish we could turn
back time to the good old days
When our momma
sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
Wish we could turn
back time to the good old days
When our momma
sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
[Outro:
BLURRYFΛCE]
We used to play
pretend, used to play pretend, bunny
We used to play
pretend, wake up you need the money
Used to play
pretend, used to play pretend, bunny
We used to play
pretend, wake up you need the money
Used to play
pretend, give each other different names, we would build a rocket ship and then
we'd fly it far away
Used to dream of
outer space, but now they're laughing at our face saying "wake up, you
need to make money", yeah
Word bank
1.
rhyme (v.) 押韻
2.
shrink (v.) 縮小
3.
insecure (v.) 不安的
4.
homegrown (adj.) 土生土長的
5.
creek (n.) 小溪
6.
roam (v.) 漫步
7.
out of (ph.) 從(數個)裡
8.
loan (n.) 貸款
9.
latter (adj.) 後者的
其實Blurryface象徵的是每一個缺乏安全感的人們,因為在乎他人的眼光,而成就了一張模糊臉龐,有如變色龍一般,可以隨著環境改變,卻又不那麼清楚地表現自我,以確保自身安全。然而曾幾何時,我們都被歲月與世俗磨平了張揚自信的稜角,不敢展現出真實的我?
這首歌以專輯的主角Blurryface模糊臉龐的角度緬懷童年的無憂無慮,以及對現今長大成人後面臨排山倒海而來的壓力之無奈。與大家分享此節奏強烈,帶有值得深思議題之歌曲。
參考資料: https://goo.gl/p1c5fb
https://goo.gl/N5VYN8
沒有留言:
張貼留言